- To aid the poor, the destitute, the hungry, the aged, the sick, the unemployed, the orphaned, the imprisoned, the widowed, the disabled, the victims of disasters.
- To undertake the burial of the impoverished persons and to offer assistance to anyone who may need the help of the church through fundraising efforts.
- To promote the charitable, benevolent and philanthropic purposes of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America.
- To preserve and perpetuate Orthodox Christian concepts and the Orthodox traditions, in accordance with its doctrines, canons, discipline, divine worship, usages and customs.
- To promote participation in the activities of the Greek Orthodox community, with the cooperation of the Parish Priest and the Parish Council.
St. Nicholas Philoptochos Events & Activities
General meetings are typically held on the 2nd Wednesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. from September through June.
Significant events sponsored by our St. Nicholas Philoptochos include:
- The annual St. Nicholas Vasilopita Luncheon
- The annual St. Nicholas Women's Retreat
- The St. Nicholas Philoptochos Sunshine Committee
- Cooking activities for the annual St. Nicholas Opa!Fest Greek Festival
- Click here for information on our September 18, 2019 Meeting.
Metropolis of Detroit Philoptochos
Click here to be redirected to the Metropolis of Detroit Philoptochos website.
Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America Philoptochos
Click here to be redirected to the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America Philoptochos website.
St. Nicholas Philoptochos Executive Leadership & Board Members
|Patricia Bologna||First Vice-President|
|Angela Seaborn||Second Vice-President|
|Christina Raptis Robert||Corresponding Secretary|
|Melanie Feles||Recording Secretary|
|Barbara Caralis||Board Member|
|Cindy Crosson||Board Member|
|Anne Feles||Board Member|
|Paula Kalevas||Board Member|
|Laurel Kalkanis||Board Member|
|Maria Kokkinakis||Board Member|
|Mary Makris||Board Member|
|Vasiliki Michalakis||Board Member|
|Minnie Papageorgiou||Board Member|
|Penny Seaborn||Board Member|
|Eugenia Tonelli||Board Member|
|Lisa Zotos||Board Member|
back to top
Joining Our St. Nicholas Philoptochos
To obtain more information about Philoptochos, please contact any one of the Executive Board Members or call the church at (248) 362-9575. You can also email the Philoptochos board at firstname.lastname@example.org. This is the official email for our St. Nicholas Philoptochos.
Our St. Nicholas Philoptochos on Facebook
To visit our Facebook page click here.